lio17, raucao and jon had a phone call on Nov 6, 2019, about a potential collaboration between i4Policy and Kosmos. The idea is that Kredits could be used for the development of the iConsult software, and maybe the iConsult software could also be used for Kosmos governance in the future.
There is going to be a multi-day workshop at the DOTS event in Nakuru (Kenya) in December. Jon summarized the current planning/status as follows:
Overview of DOTS:
When: 5-7 December
Where: Nakuru, with Lanet Matfam Resort being our primary event space - and also the accommodation for most participants
Who: GIG and r0g jointly organize DOTS, with more partners joining in!
What: 5 tracks on Dec 5 and 6 with lots of space and time to exchange in between the sessions. Public events on Dec 4 in Nairobi and Dec 7 in Nairobi (I think--based on contradicting information below--that this public event on the 7th is also in Nakuru. This needs to be confirmed!)
Kredits/i4Policy Joint Outcomes of DOTS:
- Reciprocal code review and feedback
- UX brainstorming with DOTS participants
- Draft medium-term development plan (Q2 2020 - Q4 2021) for the i4Policy consultation tool (iConsult) and Kredits
- Integration of the development plans for a joint project to pilot Kredits for distributed co-creation of iConsult
- Outlining a joint project proposal: specification of goals, shared expectations, timelines and milestones (I would hope to fundraise a minimum 18 month collaborative project), budget items/rates, and providing an initial overview of the dividend allocations based on the integrated development plans for i4Policy and Kredits.
- Arrive in Nairobi
- Team and project introductions (walkthrough of each other's visions, tech and current thinking)
- Reciprocal code review and feedback (i4Policy team reviews Kredits, Kredits team reviews iConsult)
- Setting the shared vision for collaboration and the granular agenda for the two days
- Shared brainstorming of initial medium-term development plans (I imagine that we would co-create development plans for both Kredits & iConsult)
- UX workshop with other DOTS participants (30/60 minutes on each platform)
- Review draft medium-term development plans
- Establish an integrated development plan for an >18-month pilot
- Review a proposal for allocation of Kredits for the integrated development plans
- Joint project planning, budgeting and outlining a joint fundraising proposal
- we hide from the public presentation and keep working, and perhaps offer a short public presentation on our draft plans for feedback?